The roller coaster life of a stay-home-mom in her early twenties! Hang on tight!!!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Amy's Christening!

Today was a wonderful day!!! My daughter had her Christening today. Now I know, 7 months old is a little old to be Christening, however we just wanted to find the right church and the right time for all involved. But late or not, it came and went great! Her God Parents are a dream, and I know we put our daughters future in loving and good hands. The service was very nice, and Amelia's great uncle Dan christened her (which is really cool since he also baptized her daddy). Yet another awesome thing was Amy was wonderfully behaved throughout both the service, christening and the reception afterwards, even though she had not had a nap. It really does make my heart smile when people comment on how well behaved and sweet my baby is. Her reception was b-e-a-utiful!  There was pink and white everywhere and plenty of food. I would have to say that my favorite part was the amazing cake. It was a cross with pink roses (yes i love pink lol) and said we love you Amelia and my favorite  bible verse Jeremiah 29:11.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


This is what I want for our daughter, I want her to have dreams, hope and  a good future. I want her to have a  good relationship with God. And I am so happy that we are preparing her for that. Today marked the beginning of that relationship and her future. I feel as parents that is mine and Jacob's biggest job to teach her that she can only accomplish her dreams is through our LORD, and that relationship is the most important. And that I hope we can meet that challenge, especially with both of our families backing us up.

Well that is all for today, I promise pics tomorrow :)

My angel after her big day ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers