The roller coaster life of a stay-home-mom in her early twenties! Hang on tight!!!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Key Lime Chicken!

I had a first on labor day! I grilled chicken for the first time. Now I am a master at grilling veggies and burgers but chicken was a little intimidating. I mean you don't want them dry as a bone but they also have to be FULLY cooked. But I did it! I cooked some darn good chicken breast. I thought I would share my impromptu recipe that I made on the fly.

So, here I am on the day before our big labor day cook out and I get my chicken from the store and get home and realize that I did not buy anything for a marinade. In fact I have never marinaded anything in my life! So I do what any clueless chef does, I look it up on the internet :P I found a article that said all a marinade is, is half oil, half acid, and whatever herbs and seasonings you want to add to that. I go ok, this should be easy. Well off the to fridge I went to find that the only "acid" I had was key lime juice. So I go with it, I mean if it is delicious in pies it must be delicious on chicken right?

So here is my marinade recipe

1/2 cup of key lime juice
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
 a couple of shakes grilling spice, salt, pepper, and onion powder
2 cloves of garlic

I started out with boneless skinless chicken breasts, put them all in a dish and covered them in the marinade. I then covered them up and put them in the fridge overnight. The next day I grilled them and last slathered them in bbq sauce.

I might be a bit partial, but I think I did great. They were fully cooked, juicy and tasted really fresh and tasty.


So that is my chicken adventure!

GOD BLESS!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers