The roller coaster life of a stay-home-mom in her early twenties! Hang on tight!!!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hi ho hi ho...it is off to school/work I go!

Why, when,where? Well...

Let's start with why: because of my family's financial  situation. I can no longer sit by and watch us struggle. I have to admit giving up the whole stay at mom gig is going to be hard but I feel I am doing what is right. I feel that it is my responsibility to help our family get on our feet. My husband is working very hard in school and at work to get us stable. I can't thank him enough for all he does for us. Especially since he completely supported me staying at home with our daughter for almost 2 years!. I also can't thank him enough for supporting me going back to school and encouraging me so much. He is my rock! 

When and where?: I started back to school 2 weeks ago. I am currently going back for a little over a month to get my CNA. I go three days a week for eight hours a day. I am taking my class at the Red Cross. So far it is going good. I have learned a lot and still have a lot to learn. Most of all I have learned that this is the right path for me. I know it sounds a little crazy when you think about it, "she is excited about bathing and feeding and taking care of the elderly"?! But it is true. I really think that other than being a wife and mother, that this is what God is calling me to do. I actually feel the calling, and i got to tell you, it is a good feeling. 

How is my little family adjusting?: Well so far they are doing great (knock on wood)! I kept thinking it was going to be horrible. That I would cry and Amy would cry and it would be one big mess. Well I was wrong! From day 1 she has done great! Most mornings we get up together, eat our cereal, then I get her and I ready for the day. After all that is said and done, Jake takes over and we say goodbye to each other. No crying! Jake is out on summer break so our roles in the household have completely switched. During most of the week he is the stay at home dad and I am the mom in school. Then we switch back when he works on the weekends. I am so happy at he and Amy are getting to spend so much time together. This has really been good for both of them. They are now as close as ever and it warms my heart.  

When will I go back to work?: I finish school the first of June. Then if I got hired right away, I have 120 days to get my certification. Which I am scheduled to take mid-June. That  being said, I am most likely not going to look for work until the first of July. All three of my little family's birthdays are in the month of June within two weeks of each other! I really want to take the month of June and spend it with my family. I can't wait to celebrate Amy's 2nd birthday and don't want to even take a chance of missing it. 

My feelings: Oh wow are there a lot of mixed feeling! 
First is sad: I am a little sad that I won't be with my daughter 24/7/365. I hope she will look back at this and be proud of her mother. I hope she will see that I am not only doing this for me and her father, but most of all for her. Most of all I hope she won't feel pushed to the side. I hope that I can balance all this enough for her to also know how much I truly love her.

Grateful: I am so grateful for my dad for helping me do this. For my in laws helping to watch Amy when me and jake can't. For my amazing husband and him supporting me to follow my dreams as well. For all my friends and family and their encouragement through all of this. 

Excited and nervous: Going back to work after two years and starting a new line of work. Yup I am a little nervous and very excited!

Hopes:
I hope I can balance the work and home
I hope I can work my schedule where I only have to work 3 days out of the seven. 
I hope to either work with the elderly or with children.

So there it is...BTW if any of you have any advice on balancing work and home, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for reading!

God Bless!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Edited to fix mistakes (that's what you get when you type an entire blog post on your daughters iPad : p

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers