The roller coaster life of a stay-home-mom in her early twenties! Hang on tight!!!

Friday, October 19, 2012

Getting back in shape!

That's right people I am trying to lose some pounds. I lost over 50 pounds during my pregnancy but now I am back to the weight I was before I got pregnant. I was not a small person before then either. In fact I was, and am now a rather big person. It really hasn't bugged me in the past. I mean it is no secret that I love food and that when I am upset, the greatest stress reliever is cooking. Also my husband has known me since I was 14 and calls me beautiful all the time. I was in great health and never had problems with diabetes or high blood pressure. I was happy and healthy   So what was the point in losing weight anyhow. 

However, as some of you know I lost my hip in a car accident in January 2011. Ever since then I have had issues with my back, hips, knees and my ankles. From my knees popping out of joint to extreme pain in my back. I have had issues. After I had Amelia a-lot of the issues calmed down, but now that I gained back the weight they have come back with a vengeance. It hasn't been easy and now that Amelia is getting older, faster, and heavier. I know that this can only get worse. 

So the solution? Lose weight. I am hoping that if I can lose 50 to 100 pounds the pain and difficulty will start to diminish. Now I know it will never completely go away, I have a fake hip for crying out loud.

This is so hard for me to write. I have never liked being told to lose weight. In fact the more people would suggest it, the more I wanted to ignore them and do what I wanted. But I have to do this. If I have any hope to keep up with my angel in the future I have to. I am also aware that it is me and my husbands responsibility to teach her to eat right as well, which involves us doing so. 

I have started the steps to this goal. We have been eating at home now 90% of the time and me and my father in law have been making healthy meals for the whole family. I have also joined a weekly walking group that walks 4-7 miles while pushing strollers 3 times a week. I started this week and it has kicked my butt. I have never pushed my hip this hard. My family and I have also been taking family walks, in this lovely fall whether. I am more sore than I have ever been in my life (even after having a baby!)  But I have to do this.

 I just wish it wasn't this hard. I know some of you are thinking oh how hard can it be. Believe me it is, I have always turned to food when I was upset. But now I am having to think of new ways to channel my stress. I am terrified to ending up in a wheel chair because of this hip, because of me. I want to be there for my daughter. I want to be able to hop scotch and play jump rope with her. I am so blessed that I can play with her today. 

Please don't judge. If anything please pray that this works and that I have the strength to do this through God.


GOD BLESS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers